Our history

In 1997, Christophe Reboul Salze, in association with a Bordeaux broker, acquired Château Les Grands Maréchaux in Saint Girons d’Aiguevives.

On the technical side, he enlisted the help of Stéphane Derenoncourt, then Cellar Master at Pavie Macquin. The first en primeur marketing in Bordeaux was such a success that the following year he acquired another property, Château Gigault, this time in association with Stéphane Derenoncourt.

The first vintage, 1998, was praised by the press and notably by Robert Parker who commented: “The potential of the best Côtes de Blaye ever produced”.

In 2011, Château Belle Coline, named after his daughter Coline, joined the Reboul Salze vineyards.

Our objective

To give the earth and the plant the best attention so that they create the best possible wine without chemical fertilizers or weed killers.

Our philosophy

It is the result of our culture of the world of great wines, of our choice of terroirs, of our collaboration with Stéphane Derenoncourt's team and of our will to elaborate an authentic, harmonious and balanced product, without the excesses that sometimes marked the decade 2000.

The vineyard is planted in 5500 hectares, and the soil is ploughed because weed killers are forbidden. No chemical fertilizers, but cereal or other seeds to enrich and structure our soils.

Vigor and yields are controlled by debudding, leaf thinning and green harvesting when necessary.

The mechanical harvest, programmed at perfect maturity, is carried out in ideal conditions until reception in the cellar. The grapes are transported in small vibrating bins to drain the bunches, then sorted on a table, also vibrating, which perfectly removes all undesirable waste.

Extractions last on average 30 days, conducted with delicacy, interspersed with pneumatic punchings modulated according to the quality of the selected grapes.

Part of the malolactic fermentation (75%) is carried out in epoxy-lined concrete tanks, the rest in new barrels (25%).

The 12-month maturation in cement vats and barrels (1/3 new, 1/3 one-wine, 1/3 two-wine) brings its complexity.

Our values

They are first of all human and environmental. We are convinced that the well-being of the winegrower is reflected in the quality of the grapes.

  • Tradition

    Our methods are the most classical for the elaboration of great Bordeaux wines, suitable for aging, harmonious, appetizing and representative of their terroir. They allow our customers to enjoy them in 5-7 years as well as in 10-20 years.
  • Aroms

    We make sure that the aromas are adapted to the tastes of today's and tomorrow's consumers.
  • Quality

    Quality is at the heart of our project.